Table of Contents
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a technology, or rather, a modern science direction, exploring ways to train a computer, robotic technology, and an analytical system to reason like a human being. In reality, the dream of intelligent assistant robots arose long before the invention of the first computers.
Research in AI is done by studying a person’s mental abilities and translating the results to computers. Based on a data set that uses machine learning technology, computers attempt to simulate human intelligence. Therefore, artificial intelligence receives information from a variety of sources and disciplines. These are computer science, mathematics, linguistics, psychology, biology, mechanical engineering.
Objectives of Artificial Intelligence
The main goals of AI are pretty transparent:
- With the creation of analytical systems that are reasonably behavior, you can learn independently or under the supervision of a person, make predictions and build hypotheses based on a data matrix.
- Implementing human intelligence in a machine creates assistant robots that can behave like people: think, learn, understand and perform tasks.
The authorship of the term artificial intelligence attributed to John McCarthy, the founder of programming, the inventor of the Lisp language. In 1956, a future winner of the prestigious Turing Prize demonstrated an AI-based prototype at Carnegie Mellon University.
Through intelligent robots, humanity began to dream in the first quarter of the 20th century. The famous writer Karel Capek in 1924, staged the play “Universal Robots” at the London Theater. The performance hit the audience, and the word “robot” firmly established itself in everyday life.
Principles of Artificial Intelligence
Before describing the technological principles without which the development of artificial intelligence unthinkable, it worth getting acquainted with robotics’ ethical laws. They were raised in 1942 by Isaac Asimov in his novel “Round Dance”:
- A robot or a system with artificial intelligence cannot harm a person by their action or inaction.
- The robot must obey the orders it receives from a person, except those contrary to the First Law.
- The robot must take care of its care if this does not contradict the First and Second Laws.
- Before the publication of Asimov’s novel, artificial intelligence was associated with the image of Frankenstein Mary Shelley. An artificially created image of a man rightly rebels against people. The same horror story was carried to the famous Hollywood blockbuster “Terminator.”
Artificial intelligence in different areas
- Artificial intelligence gradually reaches all branches of human activity, making ordinary software systems intelligent:
Medicine and Healthcare
- Computer systems keep patient records and help decipher diagnostic results, such as ultrasound images, X-rays, tomography, and other medical equipment. And also, Intelligent systems can even determine disease by signs in a patient and offer optimal treatment options. Healthy lifestyle assistants can be found in the Google app store. These apps read heart rate and body temperature when you touch the phone screen with your fingertips to determine a person’s stress level and suggest reducing it.
Retail Sale in Online Stores
- Many are already familiar with relevant Google ads. With their help, retailers offer goods and services according to the interests of the user. For example, they visit an online swimwear store, look at models, read specifications, and more. Therefore, After leaving the store, ads for swimwear appear on other sites for some time. According to a similar principle, “like products” blocks work in online stores. Analyst systems study user behavior metrics, determine consumer preferences, and display outstanding offers (in their opinion).
- Smart cars helped Barack Obama win the second presidential election. For his campaign, the United States president hired the best team of professionals in data analysis. The specialists used intelligent machines’ power to calculate the best day, personal and public, for Obama’s performances. According to experts, this gave a 10-12% advantage.
- Artificial intelligence can analyze data from unlike production sites and adjust the load on the equipment. Besides, intelligent machines used to forecast demand in various industries.
- The game industry, education. Game creators actively use artificial intelligence. Intelligent machines, robotics gradually introduced into the educational processes of most states.
Main Problems of Artificial Intelligence
As known, the possibilities of artificial intelligence at this stage of development are not limitless. We list the main difficulties:
- Machine training is only possible basecamp 3 project template on a data matrix. It means that any inaccuracies in the information significantly affect the final result.
- Therefore, Intelligent systems limited to a specific actvity. In other words, a philosophical system configured to detect fraud in the tax field will not be able to see deception in the banking sector. We are dealing with highly specialized programs, which are still far from human multitasking.
- Intelligent machines are not autonomous. To guarantee its life, a complete team of specialists required, as well as significant resources.
As we see, artificial intelligence has involved various people’s areas to facilitate. And also, favor processes that perhaps would require a longer time. Still, may it would also necessary to stop so that from ethical mindset, questions were raised that help to objectify to what extent wants to arrive with artificial intelligence, knowing that development can unlimited.
Also Read: Doraemon Telugu Movies