Knowing what Facebook is (also called, Facebook, facebook,and feisbuk ) and how it works is almost an obligation. Social networks are getting bigger every day (I almost prefer the term “giants”) and Facebook, with more than 1.35 billion members worldwide and translated into more than 70 languages, is the social network that reigns over the rest
According to a study published by Online Business School (OBS), there are 23 million people connected to the Internet in Spain, of which 74% actively used social networks. In other words, it has 17 million active users on social networks.
Facebook a social network created by Mark Zuckerberg founded with Eduardo Saverin, Chris Hughes, and Dustin Moskovitz. It was originally a site for Harvard University students. Its purpose was to design a space where the said university students could exchange fluent communication and share content easily through the Internet. His project was so innovative that it was extended to be available to any user on the network over time.
Facebook has more than 1.35 billion members and translations into 70 languages. In mid-2007, it launched the versions United States, Canada, and the Joint Kingdom. In October 2014, Facebook reached 1.35 billion users, of which there were more than 700 million mobile users. Brazil, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United Statuses are the countries with the most users. However, some users have more than one account.
Benefits of Facebook
Facebook users spend an average of 15 hours a month on this social network. While many organizations warn against such intensive use and studies that detail the damage that so many hours can cause using this social medium, some reports extol its virtues and benefits. Here are several benefits of using that I have collected from Business News Daily :
- Improve your heart rate: Spending time on Facebook can help you relax, slow your heart rate and lower your stress levels, according to a study published in Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social Networking by scholars at the MA Institute of Technology and the University of Milan, where they measured the vital signs of 30 students and found that their heart rate and stress levels dropped when they were online
- Helping to get a job: In contrast to many companies that already use online research to screen potential employees, studies show that Facebook could used to determine who the best candidates
- Boost your self-esteem: Spending time on the social media giant also makes people feel good about themselves, according to a study by Cornell University researchers, which was the first to show a psychological benefit and revealed that there are people who get a self – esteem boost just by looking at their Facebook wall
- Increase the price of shares: Facebook is not only good for your physical and mental health, but it can also be suitable for your investments. Researchers at Pace University found that the more popular a company is on Facebook, the better its stock price.
- Increase productivity: While many may argue that social media only distracts employees. There is research to show otherwise, such as a study that reported that giving a 10-minute break to use Facebook makes employees happier, healthier, and productive
- Bits of help get a degree: A study from Abilene Christian University found that students who were active on Facebook were less likely to drop out of school than those who did not the social network. The study also revealed that students active on Facebook were more enthusiastic about their college environment, Wired reported.
Objective of Facebook
The objective of Facebook is apparent: to connect people with other people. It was intended for personal relationships, although company pages rising in acceptance and virality. Once you create an account, the system will automatically tell you which contacts already have a Facebook profile. Select those that you want to be in your network of friends. Facebook will send them an email to confirm the friend request. You will be able to locate your friends by their email address, their first or last name, and invite them to join your profile.
The big difference between Facebook and other social networks their dynamism. Instead of a static profile that only collects the information that concerns you, when you connect. You arrive at a home page that keeps you updated with everything they have done.
Your friends on Facebook recently (if they have updated their status. If they have added photos if they have made from a group if they have created an event
Like most social networks, the platform allows you to publish and make the data you want visible. If you don’t want to post anything, the only thing that will appear will be your name or email address. But you can also choose to make public your date of birth.Your place of residence, your marital status.
Also Read: What is IP Address? – Definition, Types, Functions, And More
Review What Is Facebook? Definition, Benefits, Functions, And More.