Are you undecided on the career path that you should take? Then this article will act as a guide. We’ll focus on employment opportunities that are suitable for freshers. The careers we’ll list here are in-demand, and as a fresher, you’ll experience a high growth rate.
Five employment opportunities suitable for freshers include:
1. Home Health Aide
As a home health aide, your primary duty will be to assist your client manage their health condition(s). The majority of clients seeking home health aide aren’t in a position of take care of themselves because of their health situation. As such, some of your responsibilities as a home health aide include:
- Handling primary healthcare for the patient, such as checking the vital signs and also administering medication
- Assisting patients with maintaining personal hygiene, bathing, or dressing.
- Working with a nurse or any other health professional to care for the patient.
- Issuing reports about the health status of the patient.
The requirements indicate that you won’t need formal education. However, you should be certified to offer home care. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Being able to work with minimal supervision.
- Being able to follow instructions, both written and verbal.
- Reliable transportation.
2. Financial Manager
Finance plays a significant role in a company. As a financial manager, you’ll be involved in the planning phase of an investment strategy. You’ll also be tasked with analyzing market trends to maximize profits and control risk factors. A financial manager will play a major role in a company’s growth. You’ll also create financial reports while coming up with strategies that assist the management in deciding the long-term financial goals.
3. Operations Research Analyst
The primary duties of a research analyst include advising managers and the rest of the managerial team about which is the suitable course of action to take using different analytical methods. Additional responsibilities of an operations research analyst include:
- Gathering specialized types of knowledge from the employees about operations that can help in solving different issues.
- Collecting data and analyzing it. The data is collected from the operational systems to develop software meant for decision reports.
- Advising the management team about the decision-making for operations.
- Using statistical stimulations and also defining operational issues.
The requirements include an undergraduate degree in statistics, operations research, mathematics, or another field. Other requirements are such as:
- Problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and critical-thinking skills.
- High computer literacy levels and expertise in handling statistical software that is advanced
4. Call Center Representative
The primary duties of a call center representative include working for the contact center and handling the outbound and inbound calls. The representative will follow call scripts, research issues, determine the needs of the customers, provide satisfactory and timely solutions. The representatives will also be tasked with suggesting and also upselling products. You can also automate this process. According to Verint, “Automation takes the pressure off businesses, which are rapidly reaching the breaking point. With contact center solutions like automation, you can offload manual, repetitive tasks so your employees can focus on work that matters. By automating routine tasks, you not only help agents do better work but increase their engagement and improve their performance.”
5. Petroleum Engineer
A petroleum engineer is well paid, and the job opportunity is quite rare. However, it is suitable for freshers. The field is advanced compared to geology or mining engineering. The job position involves studying reservoirs, designing the surface collection, treatment activities, and overseeing drilling activities. You’ll also be tasked with the responsibility of ensuring the environmental impact of these activities has been reduced.
We have listed some of the suitable employment opportunities meant for freshers. You can choose any one of these job opportunities depending on your passion and qualifications.